If you see this message on your iPad 2: "Your iPad could not be activated because the activation service is temporarily unavailable," a different article will show you what to do.
In some cases, the hint that you see on the Activate iPhone screen might not match your current Apple ID. To make sure that you're entering your Apple ID information correctly, try these steps:
If you still need help, try these steps in iTunes from a computer:
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the computer.
- Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Select your device. You should see the Activate [your device] screen in iTunes.
- Enter your Apple ID and password and click Continue.
Or try to sign in to iCloud.com, so you can remove Activation Lock:
- Turn off your device or take it offline.
- Sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID and password.
- Open Find My iPhone.
- Select All Devices, then select your device.
- Click Remove from Account. If you still see a map in the device detail view, select All Devices again, click next to your device, then click Remove.
- After you set up your device successfully, make sure that you sign in to iCloud and turn on Find my iPhone again.
If you need help, contact Apple Support.