Classroom turns your iPad into a powerful teaching assistant, helping a teacher guide students through a lesson, see their progress, and keep them on track. With Classroom, you can easily launch the same app on every student device at the same time, or launch a different app for each group of students. Classroom helps teachers focus on teaching so students can focus on learning.
What's new in Classroom 2.0
- Create classes within Classroom and invite nearby students to join
- Share documents and links to student devices via AirDrop (replaces the Classroom Share Extension)
- Students can share documents and links with their teacher via AirDrop
- Mute audio on student devices
Learn more about the requirements for Classroom app.
What's new in Classroom 1.1.2
- Fixed an issue that in some cases prevented Classroom from discovering nearby student devices.
Requirements for Classroom 1.1.2 can be found in the Classroom Help.
What's new in Classroom 1.1.1
- Improved support for passcode-protected Apple TV devices.
- Edit a group while in Slide Over or Split View.
- Filter apps by name in the Open App action dialog.
Requirements for Classroom 1.1.1 can be found in the Classroom Help.
What's new in Classroom 1.1
- A new Share Extension lets you send links from Safari and other apps via the Share sheet.
- Navigate to iTunes U courses
- Add and remove students from teacher-created groups
Requirements for Classroom 1.1 can be found in the Classroom Help.
About Classroom 1.0
These features were introduced with Classroom 1.0.
Requirements for Classroom 1.0 can be found in the Classroom Help.
Assign Shared iPads to students
- Once configured, Classroom connects to nearby student devices.
- Classroom intelligently assigns the right student to each Shared iPad based on which device the student used last time.
- Once students are done, the teacher can easily log them out to prepare each Shared iPad for the next class.
Start, focus, or pause student work
- Launch any app, website, or book on student devices with a tap
- Lock devices into a single app to help students focus
- Lock screens to pause work or refocus your class
See what your students see with Screen View
- See an overview of all student screens at once
- Focus on a single student screen
- Students are informed when their screens are being viewed
Share student work on the classroom Apple TV
- Showcase the great work your students are doing to the class
- Use AirPlay to wirelessly present a student’s screen
- Students are informed when their screens are being presented
Reset forgotten passwords right in the classroom
- Reset a Managed Apple ID password without calling IT
Organize student devices using groups
- Classroom automatically creates groups of students based on the apps they are using
- Teachers can create groups to break students into project teams
- Perform actions on entire groups or on individual students within groups
Great for use with both 1:1 and Shared iPad student devices
- All actions take place over the local network only