iBooks StoryTime gives your family a different way to experience classic kids' books and discover new favorites. With Read-Aloud narration and beautiful illustrations, every handpicked title in the app transforms Apple TV into an engaging place for young readers to enjoy the stories they love.
Here's what you need
Download a book from the StoryTime app
- Open the iBooks StoryTime app on your Apple TV.
- Swipe up on the Apple TV remote to open the menu. Select Featured Books.
- Select the book that you want to download.
- Choose Buy to purchase a book, or choose Get to download a free book. You might need to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Wait while your download completes, then your Read-Aloud experience begins.
You can also purchase Read-Aloud books from the Book Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and read them with StoryTime on your Apple TV. Only books with Read-Aloud functionality can be read with StoryTime. Books purchased as standalone apps from the App Store can't be read with StoryTime.
If you set up Family Sharing, any Read-Aloud book that you or your family members purchase appears in the My Books section of iBooks StoryTime.
Read your book
After you download your book, it appears on your My Books screen. To read a book from My Books, select the book. If you already started a book and didn't finish it, StoryTime asks if you want to start over or pick up where you left off. As StoryTime reads the book to you, it highlights each word* and flips pages automatically as you go. You can skip forward or page back by swiping on your Apple TV remote.
If you want to switch to Full Screen, turn on Settings > Apps > iBooks StoryTime > Full Screen.
* Highlighting is only available with certain books, as determined by the publisher.
Pause or stop the Read-Aloud narration
If you need to take a break, click the Play/Pause button to stop and resume the narration.
If you want to turn off the Read-Aloud narration so that you can read along at home, pause your book. Then swipe down on your Apple TV Remote and select Off.