Here's what you can do with a USB-C to Lightning cable:
- Charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it's connected to a USB-C port.
- Fast charge your iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation and later) or iPad Pro 10.5-inch when it's connected to an Apple 29W, 61W, or 87W USB-C Power Adapter.
- Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or import your photos when connected to a USB-C port on your Mac or PC.
- Charge a Siri Remote when it's connected to a USB-C port on a Mac, PC, or USB-C charger.
- Charge Apple accessories like a Magic Mouse, Magic Keyboard, or Magic Trackpad.
- Use your iPhone or iPad as a Personal Hotspot when connected over a USB-C to Lightning cable.
The USB-C port on an Apple TV (4th generation) doesn't support charging, so you can't use this port to charge a Siri Remote. You might not be able to charge your iOS device using USB-C power adapters that aren't manufactured by Apple.