Press or rotate the Digital Crown
- Press to see the watch face or Home screen.
- Double-click to return to the last app.
- Press and hold to use Siri.
- Turn to use Time Travel, zoom, scroll, or adjust what's on the screen.
- On Apple Watch Series 2,* turn to gradually wake the display and slowly increase the brightness.
- On Apple Watch Series 2,* turn to unlock the screen during a swimming workout.
Press the side button
Remove your Apple Watch band
You can find the band release buttons on the back of your watch.
Learn how to remove your Apple Watch band.
You can use several gestures to interact with your Apple Watch. When you touch the screen, your watch uses Force Touch technology to sense how hard you press.
Firmly press the screen to change the watch face, see options in an app, and more.
Tap the screen to select a button or item.
Drag your finger across the screen to scroll or adjust a slider.
Swipe up, down, left, or right to see different screens.
* Available on Apple Watch Series 2 only. Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch (1st generation) aren't suitable for swimming. Learn about water resistance on your Apple Watch.