Make sure that you have the latest version of iOS.
Attach and remove your case
To attach your case, pull back its top edge and slide your iPhone in. To remove your case, pull back its top edge and slide your iPhone toward the top of the case. Slide up—not toward you—or you could damage the connector.
Charge your iPhone anywhere
When you put your iPhone in a Smart Battery Case that has a charge, your iPhone charges automatically.
Charge your case and your iPhone
- With your iPhone in your case, plug the Lightning to USB cable that came with your iPhone into the Lightning connector on the case.
- Plug the other end of the cable into an Apple USB power adapter, then plug the adapter into a power outlet.
You can also charge your Smart Battery Case without your iPhone.
Check the charge
As you attach your iPhone to your case, a charging status appears on the Lock screen. The status also appears when you connect the case to power or disconnect from power. If you already attached your iPhone to your case, look for the charging status in Today View on your iPhone.
When your iPhone isn't in the case, you'll see a green status light when the case is fully charged.
For the fastest charging, use an Apple 10W or 12W USB power adapter. Also, when you need to charge your iPhone or case as quickly as possible, avoid using processor-intensive apps like games or video editors.
If you can't use an accessory when using your Smart Battery Case
If your Smart Battery Case won't charge
Follow these steps. Try again after each step:
- Unplug your Lightning to USB cable from power, and then plug it back in.
- If your iPhone is attached to the case, remove it and then reattach it.
If your iPhone won't charge
- The Smart Battery Case isn't compatible with iPhone 8 or later.
- If you need more help with your Smart Battery Case, contact Apple Support.