Find My iPhone helps you locate and protect your Apple device if it’s ever lost or stolen. Just sign in to iCloud.com or the Find My iPhone app to see your missing device on a map, play a sound to help you find it, use Lost Mode to lock and track it, or remotely erase all of your personal information.
How to set up Find My iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch
- Start at your Home screen.
- Tap Settings > iCloud.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Find My iPhone.
- Slide to turn on Find My iPhone and Send Last Location.
When you set up Find My iPhone, your paired Apple Watch is automatically set up too.
How to set up Find My Mac
- Go to the Apple menu.
- Click System Preferences > iCloud.
- Check the box to turn on Find My Mac.
If you see a Details button next to Find My Mac, click Details > Open Security & Privacy > Enable Location Services. If Enable Location Services is dimmed in Security & Privacy preferences, click and enter the name and password of the computer administrator.
- With Family Sharing and Find My iPhone, any family member can help locate another member’s missing device.
- Learn what to do if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen. Or if your Mac is lost or stolen.
- Before you sell or give away your device, make sure you turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock.
- Get help using Find My iPhone.