Follow these steps to use your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote.*
To play or pause movies, shows, songs, and more, press to click the Touch surface of your remote or press . You can also fast-forward, rewind, find special features, and more.
- Video: Press , then swipe to the right or hold down the right side of the Touch surface.
- Audio: Hold down the right side of the Touch surface to fast-forward. Click right to skip a selection.
- Video: Press , then swipe to the left or hold down the left side of the Touch surface.
- Audio: Hold down the left side of the Touch surface to rewind. Click left to restart a selection. To play the previous selection, click left twice.
Skip through video content
During playback, click the right side of the Touch surface to skip ten seconds ahead. Click left to skip back ten seconds.
See more settings and features
- Video: Swipe down during playback, then swipe right to browse available options. If available, you'll see settings like subtitles, closed captioning, video chapters, audio, and speaker settings.
- Audio: Choose a song and press to play it. Then click the Touch surface to see all of the tracks on the album or playlist. From here, swipe up and select at the top of your screen. The options you see might vary.
Restart your Apple TV or put it to sleep
- Restart Apple TV: Hold down the Menu and Home buttons until the status light on your Apple TV begins to flash. Then let go.
- Put Apple TV in Sleep mode: Press and hold the Home button, then select Sleep. You can also go to Settings, scroll down, and select Sleep Now.
* Apple TV (4th generation) ships with the same remote everywhere. In countries and regions that support Siri, the remote is called Siri Remote. Elsewhere, it’s called Apple TV Remote. Siri works on either remote as long as your Apple TV (4th generation) is set up with a language and country that supports Siri.