Choose a device or accessory to pair with your Apple TV
There are many devices and accessories that you can pair with your Apple TV, like Bluetooth headphones, speakers, keyboards, and game controllers.
Pair your Bluetooth accessory
- Put your Bluetooth accessory in pairing mode using the instructions that came with it.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth. Your Apple TV will search for nearby Bluetooth accessories.
- Choose your Bluetooth accessory.
- If asked, enter a passkey or PIN. On your Apple TV, your accessory should now appear in My Devices.
Unpair your Bluetooth accessory
On your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth. Select your accessory, then select Forget Device.
Use more than one Bluetooth accessory
Your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation) can support several Bluetooth accessories simultaneously, up to this many:
- One Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote*
- One Bluetooth keyboard
- Four MFi (Made for iOS) Bluetooth controllers (Unless you also connect a Bluetooth audio accessory. If so, you can connect only one MFi controller).
You might be able to pair more accessories, but at some point you might need to unpair others to allow for new ones. Some apps might let you use an iOS device as an additional controller, which doesn't require Bluetooth. For help using an iOS device as a controller in an app, contact the app developer.
If a Bluetooth accessory won’t connect to your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation) or loses connectivity during use, follow these steps. After each step, see if you still need help:
- Make sure that you're in range of your Apple TV and there isn't interference in the area.
- Check that your accessory is fully charged and powered on.
- Make sure that the software on your Bluetooth accessory and your Apple TV is up to date. For example, if you have Beats wireless headphones, check for firmware updates.
- Move your Apple TV to a different location near your television.
- Look for your accessory in Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth. If you see it but you can’t connect to it, use the steps above to unpair your accessory. Then try to pair it again.
- If you need more help connecting or using a Bluetooth accessory with your Apple TV, contact the manufacturer of the accessory.
*Apple TV 4K and Apple TV (4th generation) ships with the same remote everywhere. In countries and regions that support Siri, the remote is called Siri Remote. Elsewhere, it’s called Apple TV Remote. Siri works on either remote as long as your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation) is set up with a language and country or region that supports Siri.