- On your paired iPhone, tap Settings > Siri & Search and make sure that Listen for "Hey Siri" or Press Home for Siri is on.
- On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Siri and make sure that Hey Siri is on.
- On Apple Watch Series 3, choose when Siri speaks and download its voice.
You also need to connect your Apple Watch or paired iPhone to the Internet.*
Ask Siri a question
You can ask Siri to start a specific workout and much more. There are several ways to talk to Siri.
Use the Digital Crown
Hold down the Digital Crown. When the listening indicator appears, say what you need, then release the Digital Crown.
Say "Hey Siri"
Raise your wrist or tap the screen of your Apple Watch. When it wakes, say "Hey Siri" and what you need.
On Apple Watch Series 3, Siri speaks responses to you, and you can activate and use Siri from a paired Bluetooth headset. On earlier models, Siri responds visually on your watch face.
Add Siri to your watch face
If you use the Siri watch face, tap the Siri complication to talk to Siri: . The Siri watch face shows you information that you might need based on your location and the time of day. For example, you might see Calendar events, boarding passes, or your favorites from the Home app.
Learn how to change your watch face.
Choose when Siri speaks on Apple Watch Series 3
On Apple Watch Series 3, you can choose when Siri speaks:
- On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Siri.
- Choose an option: Always On, Control with Silent Mode, or Headphones Only.
If Siri doesn't speak, your Apple Watch needs to download the voice. The download happens when you’re on Wi-Fi and your Apple Watch is charging. To give the download time to complete, try charging your Apple Watch overnight.
To check the status of the download on your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Siri, then scroll to Siri Voice. If the voice needs to download, you'll see this message: "Siri will speak with the same voice selected on your iPhone. Waiting to download. Download will occur when your watch is charging."
If Siri doesn't respond or asks you to try again
Try these steps. After each step, see if Siri responds:
- Check the Internet connection on your Apple Watch.
- On your iPhone, see if Siri is turned on. Tap Settings > Siri & Search, then turn on Listen for "Hey Siri" and Press Home for Siri. Your Apple Watch mirrors your iPhone, so you don’t need to check your watch.
- On your Apple Watch, see if Hey Siri is turned on. Tap Settings > General > Siri.
- Restart your Apple Watch.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Siri & Search and turn off Listen for "Hey Siri." Then turn it on again.
- See if the microphone or speaker on your Apple Watch is blocked. For example, if your device has a protective case, remove it.
- If Siri doesn't speak on Apple Watch Series 3, you might need to download its voice.
If Siri still doesn't respond, contact Apple Support.
To change Siri's language on your Apple Watch, you also need to change it on your iPhone. On your iPhone, tap Settings > Siri & Search > Language. Choose from the list of languages that Siri understands.
* Cellular data charges might apply.