On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the iTunes Store or App Store app.
- Scroll down the bottom of the screen and tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might need to sign in.
- Tap Payment Information.
- Under the list of payment options, select Mobile Phone.
- If the phone you're using is the one connected to the carrier plan that you want to bill to, select "Use This Mobile Number.” Then tap next.
If you don't see "Use This Mobile Number" or you want to use a different number, tap "Use a Different Mobile Number," then continue with the steps in the next section. If you're not using iOS 8.4 or later, you'll need to enter your mobile phone number manually.
- Apple will use the mobile number of the iPhone you're on to check with your carrier and confirm that you can be signed up for mobile phone billing. You might see a screen that says “Verifying” while this happens.
If you don’t see Use This Mobile Number, or want to use a different number
If you're on a different phone, or on an iPad or iPod touch, you might want to use a different number to set up mobile phone billing. Follow steps 1 through 6 above, then follow these steps on an iPhone:
- After you tap “Use a Different Mobile Number,” enter the mobile number for the phone connected to the account that you want to bill to.
- An SMS message with a one-time code is sent to the mobile number that you provided. Check the mobile phone for the message, and enter the code on the device that you’re using to set up your payment method. If you don’t receive the code immediately, tap “Resend Code” to try again.
- Tap Verify to verify the code.
If you still don’t see an option to use a mobile number, then your carrier might not support mobile phone billing.
On your Mac or PC
To automatically open iTunes and sign in to your Account Information page from your computer, click this link: View My Account. Or follow these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
- Enter your password, then press the Return or Enter key on your keyboard, or click View Account.
On the Account Information page:
- To the right of payment type, click Edit.
- Select Mobile Phone.
- Enter the mobile number for the phone connected to the carrier plan that you want to bill to, then click Send Code.
- An SMS message with a one-time code will be sent to the mobile number that you provided. Check the mobile phone for the message, and enter the code on the computer that you’re using to set up your payment method. If you don’t receive a code immediately, tap “Resend Code” to try again.
- Click Verify to verify the code.
If you can’t make purchases with your mobile phone billing
If you have questions about billing limits or if you get a message that your transaction declined, contact your carrier. If your concern is related to purchased content, contact AppleCare.
Mobile phone billing availability
Mobile phone billing is currently only supported in certain countries or regions and through certain carriers and their partners. This list is subject to change.
|Country or region||Carrier|
|Denmark||3 (Hi3G Denmark ApS)|
|Germany||O2 and partner brands
|Sweden||3 (Hi3G Access AB)
Telenor Sverige AB
|United Arab Emirates (UAE)||Etisalat
- If you're using Family Sharing, only the family organizer can update the payment information. Learn more about payment information and Family Sharing.
- Learn how to change your payment method in the iTunes Store and which payment methods you can use if mobile phone billing isn’t available for you.
- Learn how iTunes Store purchases are billed.