The OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users. This update:
- Improves compatibility with certain email servers when using Mail
- Fixes an issue in Photos that prevented importing videos from GoPro cameras
- Fixes an issue in QuickTime Player that prevented playback of Windows Media files
For detailed information about the security content of this update, see Apple security updates.
How to update your Mac
- You should back up your Mac before installation. You can back up with Time Machine, for example.
- Use the Mac App Store to install this update and other available updates. Some updates become available only after installing another update.
- Don't interrupt the installation process after it has begun.
- You might have unexpected results if third-party OS X modifications have been installed, or you modified OS X through other means.
- You can also get this update from the Apple Support Downloads site. Standalone updates can be useful if you want to install the same update again or on another computer.