Get Apple Music
With a subscription to Apple Music, you can access millions of songs, curated radio and playlists, and music recommendations, all in the Music app. You can also access your music across other devices, as long as you're signed in to Apple Music with the same Apple ID, and download music to listen to offline.
Learn more about Apple Music and Apple Music pricing.
Apple Music features and pricing might vary by country or region. Learn more about what's available in your country or region.
Before you join
- Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch; macOS with iTunes on your Mac; or iTunes on your PC.
- Back up your iOS devices, and your Mac or PC, so that you have a copy of your music and other information if your device is ever replaced, lost, or damaged.
Apple Music is not a backup service, so make sure to always have a back up of your music collection before you make any changes.
Open Apple Music
Open the Music app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or iTunes on your Mac or PC.
If you don't see an offer to subscribe to Apple Music when you first open the Music app on your iOS device, tap For You at the bottom of the screen.
In iTunes, click the For You tab at the top of the iTunes window.
Start a trial
Tap or click the trial offer to get started. (One trial per person or family.)
Choose your subscription
Enter your Apple ID and password
Tap Use Existing Apple ID, then enter your Apple ID and password. If you don’t have an Apple ID, tap Create New Apple ID, then follow the steps to create one.
If you're not sure if you have an Apple ID, we can help you find out.
If you're asked for a verification code, you have two-factor authentication on your Apple ID. Learn about two-factor authentication and what to do if you still can’t sign in.
Confirm your details
You might be asked to validate your billing info. Add a valid payment method1 and tap Join.2
If prompted, agree to the terms and conditions.
1. You can use store credit to pay for Apple Music, but you must have enough store credit to cover the amount of your first renewal. Learn how to add store credit to your account.
2. Learn how to verify your age when you join Apple Music in South Korea.
Choose genres and artists and follow friends
How to get an Apple Music Annual subscription
After you join, you can change to an Annual subscription. With an Annual subscription, you get 12 months of Apple Music for the price of 10.
To change your subscription:
- Open the Music app, then tap For You.
- Tap the profile icon or your photo in the upper-right corner.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
- Scroll to Subscriptions and tap it, then tap Apple Music Membership to see your options.
- Under Options, choose Individual (1 Year). Confirm your selection, then tap Back.
- Learn how to listen to music and more in the Music app.
- Learn how to add and download music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.
- You can change your subscription at any time. Learn how to change or cancel Apple Music.
- With Apple Music, you don't need to buy songs or albums from the iTunes Store. But you can still purchase music if, for example, you'd like to own a DRM-free version of a track.
- You can also start a monthly Individual subscription on Apple TV. If you want to subscribe as a Student, Family, or Annual Individual, use a different device.
- You can also subscribe to Apple Music on an Android device.