Add or remove apps on your Apple Watch
When you set up your Apple Watch, you get the choice to install all your apps now or later. If you choose Install All, any apps on your iPhone that are compatible with Apple Watch will install. If you don’t have an app on your iPhone, you need to download it from the App Store first.
You can add or remove apps at any time:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
- Scroll to the app that you want to add or remove.
- To add an app to your Apple Watch, tap Install.
- To remove an app, tap it, then turn off Show App on Apple Watch.
Update apps on your Apple Watch
Any updates to apps on your iPhone, or any future app purchases, will also automatically install. Here's how to turn this feature on or off:
- Open the Apple Watch app and tap the My Watch tab.
- Tap General, then turn Automatic App Install on or off.
Choose complications for your watch face
For some third-party apps, you can add complications to your watch face. Here's how to see which third-party complications you can use:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Complications.
To manage your complications, tap Edit. When you're finished, tap Done.
- Remove a complication by tapping . Then tap Remove.
- Add a complication by tapping .
After you choose complications, you can add them to your watch face. Learn how to customize your watch face.