See if your Apple Watch is charging
When you connect your Apple Watch to its charging cable and power, you should see on the screen.
If you need to charge your watch, appears on the screen. (You might need to click the side button to see the watch face.) When your watch is charging, changes to . If your screen is blank or you see the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable icon and on the screen, charge your watch for up to 30 minutes.
If your Apple Watch won't charge or you see a message on your watch that charging with this accessory isn't supported:
- Make sure that you plug the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable all the way into the USB Power Adapter, then make sure that you plug the adapter all the way into a power outlet.
- Make sure that you're using the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable and the USB Power Adapter that came with your Apple Watch.
- Completely remove any plastic wrap from both sides of the charger.
- Make sure that the back of your Apple Watch and the magnetic charger are clean.
- Position the back of your Apple Watch on the charger. The charger's magnets align your Apple Watch, and you should see on the watch face.
- If your Apple Watch still won't charge, force it to restart. Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds, or until you see the Apple logo.
- Try a different Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Cable and a different USB Power Adapter. If your Apple Watch is out of power, you might need to wait a few minutes for to appear after you start charging your device.
If you still need help, contact Apple Support.