Navigate your Apple Watch
Here are a few ways to use the Digital Crown:
- Press to see the watch face or Home screen or to wake your watch.
- Double-click to open the last app that you used.
- Turn to scroll, zoom, or adjust.
- Press and hold for Siri.
Check your schedule with Time Travel
Here's how to turn on Time Travel in watchOS 3:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the My Watch tab, then tap Clock > Time Travel.
To use Time Travel, turn the Digital Crown. As you change the time, each supported complication updates. To go back to the current time, press the Digital Crown or tap Time Travel.
Peek at your Apple Watch screen
With Apple Watch Series 2, you can gradually wake your screen to keep its brightness low. For example, you might want to glance at the screen in a movie theater.
Turn the Digital Crown slowly to gradually wake the screen, then turn it the other way to put the screen back to sleep.
Unlock your screen
With Apple Watch Series 2, you can use Pool Swim or Open Water Swim in the Workout app.* When you start one of these workouts, your Apple Watch automatically locks the screen with Water Lock to avoid accidental taps. When you're done, press the side button and Digital Crown at the same time to pause your workout. Then turn the Digital Crown to unlock the screen and clear any water from your watch. Your watch makes a noise, and you might feel some water on your wrist.
You can also use Water Lock to clear water from your watch at any time. Swipe up on the bottom of the watch face to open Control Center, tap , then turn the Digital Crown.
If the Digital Crown gets stuck or won’t move
Check for debris and wipe down your Apple Watch. If you find substances like dust or lotion around the Digital Crown, follow these steps to clean it, and repeat as needed:
- Turn off your Apple Watch and remove it from the charger.
- If you have a leather band, remove it from your Apple Watch.
- Hold the Digital Crown under lightly running, warm, fresh water from a faucet for 10 to 15 seconds. Soaps and other cleaning products shouldn't be used.
- Continuously turn and press the Digital Crown as water runs over the small gap between the crown and the housing.
- Dry your Apple Watch with a non-abrasive, lint-free cleaning cloth.
* Available on Apple Watch Series 2 only. Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch (1st generation) aren't suitable for swimming. Learn about water resistance on your Apple Watch.