First, check your Internet connection and make sure that you're using the latest version of iPhoto. Also make sure that your Apple ID billing information is up to date. Then choose the issue below that matches your situation:
If you can't start an order
- Check your Internet connection. If you can't connect to the Internet, contact your service provider for more help.
- Check to see which version of iPhoto you're using. Apple only supports ordering print products from iPhoto ’11 or later and Photos for macOS.
- Check that you're signed in with your Apple ID. If you don’t have an Apple ID, you can create one.
If you get a warning about a book that you created
After you start an order for a book, you might see a message that says "Your book seems to have frames on one or more pages that do not contain photos. You must either change the layout of those pages or place the photos in those frames before you can buy this book."
This message appears if you select a photo background for a page before you add a photo to the background. To fix this issue, add a photo to the background or change the page layout to a standard white or colored background.
If you get a warning about your account
When you try to place an order, you might see a message that says "Your account information has changed. Please review your billing information and approve it."
To fix this issue, update your billing information in the Apple Online Store:
- Under Account Settings on the left side of the screen, Click "Change your default shipping or billing info."
- Sign in with the Apple ID that you use to make purchases from iPhoto.
- To the right of Payment Information, click Edit.
- Re-enter your information as it appears on your credit card statement. If you're a U.S. customer, make sure that you use a five-digit zip code. iPhoto doesn't support the zip+4 format.
If updating your billing information doesn't solve the issue, try clearing cookies in Safari. Note that clearing cookies in Safari might also remove them from other apps.
If you see an "unexpected error has occurred" message
When you try to place an order, you might see a message that says "An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later."
To fix this issue, update your information in the Apple Online Store:
- Go to your Apple Store Account.
- Under Account Settings, click "Update your Apple ID email address and password."
- If asked, sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Next to Payment Information, click Edit.
- Re-enter all of your information as it appears on your credit card statement, then click Save.
If you have issues uploading your files
If you don't get an order number after you upload your files to Apple servers, your files might not have uploaded correctly.
- Make sure that you're using iPhoto '11 or later.
- If you've turned on any firewall or network security software, let iPhoto access ports 80 and 443 or turn the software off temporarily.
- Temporarily turn off any third-party antivirus or system cleanup apps, such as MacKeeper. These apps can interfere with ordering from iPhoto.
- Make sure that you have enough bandwidth to complete the order. You need a bandwidth speed of about 1.5 megabits per second (Mbit/s) so the order process won't time out.
If you have issues with your Apple ID
Check that all of your Apple ID information is correct:
- Go to https://appleid.apple.com.
- Click "Manage your Apple ID" and log in using your Apple ID and password.
- Click each option on the left and make sure that all of the information is correct. If you have any blank addresses under Addresses, delete them. Delete all phone numbers from Phone Numbers, then save your changes. When you complete an order, your phone number is copied from iPhoto to My Apple ID.
After you update your information:
- Open iPhoto and select a photo. In the Share menu, choose Order Prints.
- Click Account Info and sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- In the menu, click Edit Shipping and choose Add New Address.
- Add the address that you want to use. Make sure that you create a new label, such as Home. Select "Make this my default address" and click OK.
- If any other address is listed, select it and click Delete This Address. Only your default Home address should be listed.
Get more information about Apple Print Products, including shipping prices and how to cancel an order.