You can transfer media between your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and iTunes on your Mac or PC using these methods:
|Media type||Transfer method
|Music purchased from the iTunes Store||
|Music imported from a CD or other source*|
|Camera Roll photos and videos|
|Photos synced from a computer*|
|iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream3|
|Movies and TV shows purchased from the iTunes Store||
|Movies and TV shows imported from other sources*||
|Books purchased from the iTunes Store||
|Books imported from other sources*||
- Downloading past purchases from iTunes is supported on up to 10 of these devices:
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 4.3.3 or later
- iTunes for Mac or Windows 10.3 or later
Learn how to download past purchases from iTunes and which content types you can re-download in your country.
- iTunes Match is supported on these devices:
- Apple Music is supported on these devices:
- Photo Stream is for photos only and is supported on these devices:
- iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch with iOS 5.0.1 or later
- Mac with OS X Lion or later
- PC with Windows Vista or Windows 7
Learn more about Photo Stream.
*iTunes can't transfer this media from an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch back to your computer.
Back up your library
Although you can re-download many of your past iTunes Store purchases, you should back up your iTunes library along with the rest of your system.