What happened to the Camera Roll album on my iOS device?
After you turn on iCloud Photo Library, the Camera Roll album is replaced with an All Photos album. The All Photos album gives you the same compact scroll view, now with all your photos and videos organized by the date you add them.
What happened to the My Photo Stream album?
When you turn on iCloud Photo Library, the photos from your Camera Roll are added to the All Photos album. And photos from My Photo Stream that are in your My Photo Stream album but not saved to your library are removed. After you turn on iCloud Photo Library, you won't see a separate My Photo Stream album.
If you have an additional device with My Photo Stream turned on and iCloud Photo Library turned off, you'll still see a My Photo Stream album on that device. Any new photos that you take or add to your library show in that album on that device.
What if some of my photos and videos are missing after I turn on iCloud Photo Library?
Any photos or videos you copy to your device through iTunes are not copied in iCloud Photo Library. To add your original, full resolution versions, follow these steps:
On your Mac with OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 or later
To upload original versions of your Mac library, click Photos > Preferences and turn on iCloud Photo Library.
You can also use AirDrop to copy the photos from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID on your computer and iOS device.
- Unlock your iOS device and turn on AirDrop.
- Open a new Finder window on your Mac and choose AirDrop in the sidebar.
- Drag the photos to the icon for the iOS device in the Finder window.
On your PC with Windows 8 or later
If you're using a PC, follow these steps to upload photos and videos to iCloud Photo Library:
- Go to the Start screen.
- Click All Programs.
- Go to iCloud > iCloud Photos.
- Select Upload photos and videos.
- Select the photos that you want to upload.
Get help with iCloud Photo Library for your Windows PC.
How do I delete photos and videos from a device using iCloud Photo Library?
When you delete a photo or video from your Photos app, it also deletes from your iCloud Photo Library and iCloud storage. You can recover your photos and videos from the Recently Deleted album for 30 days.
Can I see all the photos and videos from my Mac on iCloud.com?
iCloud Photo Library uploads photos and videos from your Mac System Library. Photos and videos that you keep outside of your System Library won't upload or update across your devices.
You might not be able to play MP4 videos with Firefox. Try using a different browser, such as Safari 8 or later or Google Chrome 28 or later.
How do I see the progress of my upload to iCloud Photo Library?
You can see if a photo or video has uploaded to iCloud when you open the Photos app and view your library in Moments. Your upload status is at the bottom of the menu. You can also find photos and videos from your Photos Library that haven't been uploaded to iCloud in a smart album on your Mac.
What happens when I go over my iCloud storage limit?
If you exceed your iCloud storage limit, photos and videos won't upload to iCloud and your library won’t stay up to date across your devices. To continue using iCloud Photo Library, upgrade your storage plan or reduce the amount of storage that you're using.
Reduce the storage for iCloud Photo Library by deleting photos and videos that you don't want to keep from your iOS devices or on iCloud.com. Your device will immediately remove any photos and videos that you delete and they won't be available for recovery in your Recently Deleted album.
If you're out of storage, your devices won't back up to iCloud, and new photos, videos, documents, and your information won't stay up to date.
How do I turn off iCloud Photo Library on only one device?
You can turn off iCloud Photo Library on a single device when you follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- If you use iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos, then turn off iCloud Photo Library.
- If you use iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and turn off iCloud Photo Library.
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then deselect iCloud Photo Library.
- On your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV (4th generation), go to Settings > Accounts > iCloud. Under Photos, press Select to turn off iCloud Photo Library.
If you have Optimize Storage turned on, you might not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos on your iOS device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then select Download Originals to this Mac. Then you can turn off iCloud Photo Library. You can also select the photos and videos that you want to download from iCloud.com.
Before you turn off iCloud Photo Library, you might want to make a copy of your photos and videos.
How do I remove all iCloud Photo Library content from iCloud and my devices?
To turn off your iCloud Photo Library everywhere, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- If you use iOS 10.3 or later, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage > Manage Storage > iCloud Photo Library, then select Disable and Delete.
- If you use iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage > iCloud Photo Library, then select Disable and Delete.
- On your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud. Click Manage, select Photo Library, then select Disable and delete.
Photos and videos are stored in your account for 30 days. To download your photos and videos on your iOS device, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then select Download Originals to this Mac. You can also select the photos and videos that you want to download from iCloud.com.
- Get answers to frequently asked questions about iCloud Photo Library.
- If you need help managing and using iCloud Photo Library with your Windows PC, you can learn more.