Disconnect your devices
- Keep your Apple Watch and iPhone close together as you unpair them.
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Go to the My Watch tab and tap your watch at the top of the screen.
- Tap next to the watch that you want to unpair.
- Tap Unpair Apple Watch.
- Tap again to confirm. You might need to enter your Apple ID password to disable Activation Lock. Before erasing all content and settings on your Apple Watch, your iPhone will create a new backup of your Apple Watch. You can use the backup to restore a new Apple Watch. After your Apple Watch unpairs, you'll see the Start Pairing message.
- Use these steps to set up your Apple Watch again.
Unpair without your iPhone
If you don't have your iPhone, you can still erase all content and settings on your Apple Watch. On your Apple Watch, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings. This will reset your Apple Watch to the factory settings.
Try these steps if you forgot your passcode.