How to install
This software updates OS X Server v4.0 through v4.0.3. It requires OS X Yosemite v10.10.3.
OS X Server v4.1 is available from the Mac App Store. It appears in the Updates pane if you have OS X Server (Yosemite) installed. Click the Update button to install it. To prevent the interruption of services, Server updates are not automatically installed, even if you have chosen to automatically install other updates from the Mac App Store.
During installation you may see the message "Server app replacement detected." This is a normal part of the update process. All Server settings and data are preserved during the update.
After installation is complete, open Server app to finish setting up your previously-configured services.
Server v4.1 improves the general stability of OS X Server and delivers the following specific improvements:
- Updated for OS X Yosemite v10.10.3
- Profile Manager support for new features, Mobile Device Management commands, and payloads introduced in iOS 8.3
- Caching Server configuration includes an option to output DNS TXT records in Windows format
- Messages service improvements for group access
- Enhancements for Profile Manager device searching
- User and Group accounts can now be exported to a file
- Improved reliability of Time Machine backups and restores
- Fixed an issue that could cause Server to stall when updating Profile Manager and Wiki services
If you're upgrading from a previous version of Server, first upgrade to OS X Yosemite, then purchase and install Server 4. Additional information about upgrade and migration is available from the Apple Support website.