- If you see in the status bar, Orientation Lock is on. To turn it off, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center, then tap .
- If you have an iPad with a Side Switch and don't see the Rotation Lock icon in Control Center, make sure that the Side Switch is off. Learn how to identify your iPad model.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Try a different app, like Safari or Notes. Some apps or screens only support portrait or landscape mode.
If the screen still won't rotate, contact Apple Support.
- If you have an iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus, or iPhone 6 Plus, and want the Home screen to rotate, go to Settings > Display & Brightness and set Display Zoom to Standard.
- If you have an iPad with a Side Switch, you can set the Side Switch to work as a rotation lock or mute switch. Go to Settings > General. Under Use Side Switch To, select the option that you want. Learn how to identify your iPad model.