- Make sure that Portrait Orientation Lock is turned off. To check, open Control Center. If you see , tap it to turn Portrait Orientation Lock off.
- If you have an iPad with a Side Switch and don't see the Rotation Lock icon in Control Center, make sure that the Side Switch is off. Learn how to identify your iPad model.
- Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Try a different app, like Safari or Notes. Some apps or screens only support portrait or landscape mode.
If the screen still won't rotate, contact Apple Support to set up service for your:
- If you have an iPhone Plus, and want the Home screen to rotate, go to Settings > Display & Brightness and set Display Zoom to Standard.
- If you have an iPad with a Side Switch, you can set the Side Switch to work as a rotation lock or mute switch. Go to Settings > General. Under Use Side Switch To, select the option that you want. Learn how to identify your iPad model.