You might get a message when you open iTunes that asks you to disable compatiability mode.
To turn Windows compatibility mode off, follow the steps below:
- Quit iTunes.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn't have a Windows key, press the Control (Ctrl) and Escape (Esc) keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- Click on the magnifying icon or search field. In the search field, enter %SystemDrive%.
- Open the Program Files folder. If you're using iTunes on a system with an older video card, open Program Files (x86).
- Open the iTunes folder.
- Right-click on the iTunes application (iTunes or iTunes.exe) and from the pop up menu, click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Click "Change Settings for All Users." If it's selected, deselect the check box under Compatibility mode. Then click OK.
- Click OK again.
- Open iTunes and play a song.