Your iTunes Match subscription includes access to your iCloud Music Library, which allows you to enjoy your entire music library from all of your devices.
When you sign in to iTunes on a computer or iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the Apple ID that you use with iTunes Match, you associate that computer or device with your account, and get access to your iCloud Music Library.
On a Mac or PC
If you're using iTunes 12.3 or later, iTunes Match turns on automatically the first time you sign into iTunes on a new computer with the Apple ID that you use for iTunes Match.
If you need to turn on iTunes Match manually, change your iCloud Music Library settings using these steps:
- Open iTunes. Make sure you have the latest version.
- Sign in to iTunes with the Apple ID and password that you use for iTunes Match.
- Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences.
Windows: From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Edit > Preferences.
- Click the General tab, then select iCloud Music Library.
After you sign in with the Apple ID and password that you use with iTunes Match and turn on iCloud Music Library, iTunes matches and uploads your library. You can watch the progress of the matching and uploading in the upper-right corner of iTunes, and you can pause and resume this process at any time.
When iTunes is done, your matched and uploaded music appears in iTunes in the Library tab. A download icon appears next to any content that's in your iCloud Music Library and not downloaded to your computer.
On an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Sign in to your device with the Apple ID and password that you use for iTunes Match.
- Open Settings > Music.
- Turn on iCloud Music Library.
iTunes Match replaces the music library on your device with your iCloud Music Library. (If you're also an Apple Music member, you have the option to merge your music library instead of replacing it.) Your device might use cellular data for this download. Check with your wireless carrier for fees that might apply, or go to Settings > Music and turn off Cellular Data.
- Some steps might be different if you're also an Apple Music member. Learn more about how to add music from your own collection to iCloud Music Library with Apple Music.
- iTunes Match isn’t available in every country.
- You can't sync music with iTunes while iTunes Match is on.
- Your iTunes Match subscription only applies to your account, not to other accounts that you might be connected to through Family Sharing. When you download content that you didn't buy with your own account, it counts toward the iTunes Match 100,000 song limit.
- You can associate up to 10 computers and devices (combined) with your Apple ID. Learn more about associating a device or computer with your Apple ID. After you associate a computer or device with your Apple ID, you can't associate that device with another Apple ID for 90 days.