Check here first
Depending on the product, you can find your serial number:
- On the surface of your product.
- In iTunes, if your product syncs with iTunes.
- On a Mac, by choosing About This Mac from the Apple menu.
- On an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or iPod, in Settings > General > About.
If you don't have your product or it won't turn on
- You can find your serial number on the surface of your product.
- If you have your product's original packaging, you can check the barcode to find the serial number.
- If you have an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or iPod, you can find the serial number from the Devices tab in iTunes preferences.
- You can also find your product's serial number on the original product receipt or invoice.
Online at My Support Profile
Although Apple doesn't have a process to track or flag lost or stolen product, you can use My Support Profile to find a list of serial numbers that have been purchased or registered with your Apple ID.
- Go to My Support Profile (available in the United States and Canada).
- Sign in with your Apple ID.
- View your purchases in My Products.
You can also choose a product below for detailed information about finding the serial number:
Apple registration numbers and Apple hardware product serial numbers might have the number "0" (zero), but never the letter "O."