How to get apps
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the App Store app.
- Browse or search for the app that you want to download. If you find a game that says Arcade, subscribe to Apple Arcade to play the game.
- Tap or click the price or Get button. If you see the "Open" button instead of a price or Get button, you already bought or downloaded that app.
In the App Store, if an app has a Get button instead of a price, the app is free. You won't be charged for downloading a free app. Some free apps offer in-app purchases and subscriptions that you can buy. Subscriptions and in-app purchases give you access to more features, content, and more. Learn more about in-app purchases and subscriptions.
How to find apps that you bought
You can find your apps in your App Library.
If you bought an iMessage app, you can find the app in Messages.
You can also see a list of apps that you bought and redownload them. When you redownload an app, you don't have to pay for it again.
If you can't find the App Store
If the App Store is missing on your device, you might have parental controls turned on. Adjust your iTunes & App Store Purchases settings and make sure that you choose "Allow" for the Installing Apps setting. The App Store should reappear on your device.
If you still can't find the App Store, search for it.
If you have an issue when you download apps
To buy apps from the App Store, you need an Apple ID and a payment method. If you’re only downloading free items, you still might need to keep a payment method on file.
- If you can’t download apps because your payment method was declined, update or change your payment method.
- Can’t sign in to the App Store? Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID or your Apple ID password. Or if you don’t have an Apple ID, learn how to set up an Apple ID.
- If you have trouble downloading an app that's larger than 200 MB over cellular, open the Settings app. Tap App Store, tap App Downloads, then tap Always Allow.