Your birth date is used to turn on certain features and display your correct age in features such as Family Sharing. In some cases, it might be used to help reset your password.
Use these steps to update or correct the birth date associated with your Apple ID.
On your Apple ID account page
- Sign in to your Apple ID account page. You might need to answer your security questions.
- In the Account section, click Edit.
- Update your birth date and click Done.
Depending on how you created your Apple ID, you might be required to provide additional information or change your Apple ID username from a mobile phone number to an email address.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Tap Name, Phone Numbers, Email. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
- Tap Change Birthday or Birthday. You might need to answer your security questions.
- Update your birth date, then tap Done.
To change your birth date to any age below 13*, you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After updating your birth date, follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer. Your family organizer can sign in to their Apple ID account page to confirm the birth date change and agree to the Parent Privacy Disclosure agreement by entering the requested information from their account payment method.
Be sure to enter your correct date of birth. After you change it to any age below 13, you can't edit it. Learn more about Apple IDs for children.
*Age varies by country or region.