Updates to books purchased on the iBooks Store are free. To download book updates on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, you need iBooks 3.0 or later. You can also download book updates in iBooks for Mac, which is included with OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later.
Download book updates on iOS
When an eligible book has an update, you'll see a badge with the number of available book updates. When you download a book update, your existing bookmarks, annotations, and notes are retained and carried over to the new version of your book. You can see what's included in an update by tapping What's New.
Download an update:
- Open iBooks. If you're using iBooks 3.2 or earlier, tap the Store button.
- Tap Purchased from the bottom navigation bar.
- If you're using iBooks 3.2 or earlier, tap Updates to go to your Updates page.
- Tap Update to download the desired book update.
Download an update on OS X Mavericks or later
- Open iBooks on your Mac.
- If updates are available, the download icon appears and shows you a list of updates. If you only see the download icon, click it to see the list.
- Click Update to download the desired book update.
Learn what to do if iBooks can't sync textbook and ePub annotations or bookmarks.