Check your eligibility
The Device Enrollment Program (DEP) and Apple School Manager (ASM) are available to organizations in supported countries or regions that purchase devices directly from any of the following channels:
- Directly from Apple
- Participating Apple Authorized Resellers
- Wireless carriers
Device Enrollment works on any of these devices:
- iOS devices with iOS 7 or later
- Mac computers with OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later
- Apple TVs (4th generation or later) with tvOS 10.2 or later
To add devices that you didn't purchase, like a donated iPad, learn how to manually enroll your devices.
Find your Apple Customer Number or Reseller ID
When you enroll, you’ll need your Apple Customer Number or Reseller ID. If you don’t know it, here’s how to find it:
- If you purchased your devices from Apple, contact your purchasing agent, finance department, or a member of the Apple Sales team and ask for your Apple Customer Number.
- If you purchased your devices from an Apple Authorized Reseller or a cellular carrier, ask them for their DEP Reseller ID and provide them your Customer ID. Learn where to find your Customer ID.
Enroll your educational institution
Learn how to enroll in Apple School Manager and connect your sales history.
Enroll in Apple School Manager
- Sign into Apple School Manager.
- Click "Enroll now".
- Enter the information for your organization.
After you enroll, you will receive an email after your information is verified and your enrollment is approved.
Add your sales information
After your enrollment is approved, sign in to add your sales information.
- Sign in to Apple School Manager.
- Click Locations in the sidebar, search for your location, then select it.
- Click Settings, then click Device Purchases.
- Click Add next to Apple Customer Number or Apple Reseller number, enter the information, then click Save.
Enroll your organization or business
Learn how to enroll in DEP and connect your sales history.
Enroll in DEP
You can enroll in DEP with a Volume Purchase Program (VPP) account or enroll in DEP with a new account. After you enroll in DEP, add your sales information.
Add your sales information
- Sign into Apple Deployment Programs.
- Choose Organization Details from the pop-up menu in the upper-right corner.
- If you purchased devices from an Apple Authorized Reseller or carrier, provide them your DEP Customer ID that appears in the upper-left corner.
- Click the Devices Purchased From menu, choose Add Reseller/Supplier, then choose Reseller or Apple (Direct).
- Enter the DEP Reseller ID or Apple customer number, then click Add.
Add your MDM server
After you enroll and add your sales information, add your MDM server to Apple School Manager or add your MDM server to the Device Enrollment Program.
After you add your MDM server, get started with MDM.
Add devices manually
To add devices that you didn’t purchase to Device Enrollment, like a donated iPad, learn how to manually add your devices in Apple Configurator 2. After you manually add a device, learn how to assign the device to an MDM server:
- Go to ASM or DEP.
- In Devices Added by Apple Configurator, select the device.
- Enter the MDM server information.
- Click Done.
Get more help with Apple School Manager
- Use Apple School Manager Help or the education support page.
- Need help enrolling in Apple School Manager? Find the support number for your country or region.
- Contact AppleCare Education support if you need help after enrolling.