When you delete a photo from My Photo Stream, it deletes from the My Photo Stream view on all of your devices after you connect each device to Wi-Fi or Ethernet. Each device must use the required software and have My Photo Stream turned on.
These photos won't delete when you remove photos from My Photo Stream:
- Photos that you copied to the Photos tab or Camera Roll on your iOS device
- Photos that you imported into the Photos app
- Photos that you copied into a folder on your PC that aren't part of My Photo Stream
After you delete a photo, you might still see it on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch if it's more than 30 days old and you have fewer than 1000 photos in My Photo Stream.
Before you begin
Update each device to the required software:
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.1 or later
- Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later
- Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, or 4th generation) with tvOS 5.0 or later
- PC with Windows 7 or later and iCloud for Windows
Make sure that My Photo Stream is turned on for each device:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos.
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences > iCloud. Next to Photos, click Options.
- On your Apple TV, select Settings > iCloud > iCloud Photo Settings.
- On your PC, open iCloud for Windows, click Photos or Photo Stream, then click the Options button.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Photos app.
- Tap the Albums tab.
- Tap My Photo Stream.
- Tap Select.
- Tap one or more photos. You'll see a checkmark on the photos that you select.
- Tap the Trash icon. Tap Delete [number] Photos.
On your Mac
- Open the Photos app.
- Click the photos that you want to delete.
- Go to Image in the menu bar > Delete Photo.
- Click Delete to confirm.
You can also click the photo, right-click, then select Delete Photo.
On your Apple TV
- In Apple TV software 6.0 or later, choose Photos from the main menu. In Apple TV software 5.0 or earlier, choose Photo Stream or Internet > Photo Stream.
- If asked, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Go to a photo that you want to delete.
- Press and hold the Select button, then choose Delete Photo.
On your Windows PC
- In iCloud for Windows, select iCloud Photos from the Start menu.
- Double-click My Photo Stream.
- Select the photo or photos you want to delete.
- Right-click and select Delete.