When you delete a photo from My Photo Stream on an iOS device, Mac, or PC, that photo will be deleted from the My Photo Stream view on all your devices after you connect each device to Wi-Fi or Ethernet. Each device must use the required software and have My Photo Stream turned on.
The following photos won't be deleted when you delete photos from My Photo Stream:
- Photos that you copied to the Photos tab or Camera Roll on your iOS device
- Photos that you imported into your iPhoto or Aperture library
- Photos that you copied into a folder on your PC that aren't part of My Photo Stream
After you delete a photo, you might still see it on your iOS devices if it's more than 30 days old and you have fewer than 1000 photos in My Photo Stream.
Before you begin
Update each device to the required software:
- iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.1 or later
- Mac with OS X Lion v10.7.5 or later and iPhoto 9.2.2 or Aperture 3.2.3 or later
- Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) with Apple TV software 5.0 or later
- PC with Windows 8 or Windows 7 and iCloud for Windows
Make sure that My Photo Stream is turned on for each device:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos.
- On your Mac, turn on My Photo Stream in iPhoto or turn on My Photo Stream in Aperture.
- On your Apple TV, select Settings > iCloud > iCloud Photo Settings.
- On your PC, open iCloud for Windows, click Photos or Photo Stream, then click the Options button.
Use the steps below to delete photos from My Photo Stream. You can also delete photos from shared albums.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Photos app.
- Tap the Albums tab.
- Tap My Photo Stream.
- Tap Select.
- Tap one or more photos. You'll see a checkmark on the photos that you select.
- Tap the Trash icon. Tap Delete [number] Photos.
On your Mac using iPhoto or Aperture
- Open iPhoto or Aperture.
- Click iCloud in the sidebar, then double-click My Photo Stream.
- Select a photo or group of photos.
- Press the Delete key.
- Click Delete.
On your Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)
- In Apple TV software 6.0 or later, choose Photos from the main menu. In Apple TV software 5.0 or earlier, choose Photo Stream or Internet > Photo Stream.
- If asked, sign in with your Apple ID.
- With your remote control, go to a photo that you want to delete.
- Press and hold the Select button, then choose Delete Photo.
On your Windows PC
- In iCloud for Windows, select iCloud Photos from the Start menu.
- Double-click My Photo Stream.
- Select the photo or photos you want to delete.
- Right-click and select Delete.