After upgrading or migrating to a new version of OS X Server, you might not be able to view or manage the settings for an AirPort Extreme Base Station or an AirPort Time Capsule previously managed with Server.app. To resolve this issue, remove the keychain entry for the affected Base Station using the Keychain Access utility.
Make sure you know the password for your base station before performing these steps. The password used to manage the device may be different than the password used for its Wi-Fi network. If you don't know the password, you can reset it from the base station.
- Quit Server.app if it's open.
- Open Keychain Access from the Utilities folder.
- Select the “System” Keychain on the left side of the Keychain Access window.
- Find and the keychain item for your AirPort base station. The “kind” will be listed as “AirPort base station password”.
- Select this keychain item.
- Choose Edit > Delete to remove this item.
- Enter an administrator name and password when prompted.
- Open Server.app.
You should now be able to click on the AirPort base station in the left column of Server.app and authenticate successfully. This creates a new password entry in the system keychain.