With Wallet, you can use passes on your iPhone to check in for flights, get and redeem rewards, get in to movies, or redeem coupons. Passes can include useful information like the balance on your coffee card, your coupon’s expiration date, your seat number for a concert, and more.
You can add passes to Wallet in several ways:
- Using Wallet-enabled apps
- With Mail or Messages
- Through a web browser
- By scanning a barcode
- By sharing through AirDrop
- From your Mac
- By using a reward card and paying with Apple Pay
If you don't see the option to add a card, ticket, or other service to Wallet, contact the merchant to make sure that they support Wallet passes.
Use your passes
Some passes automatically appear at the right time or place because they include information based on time or location. For example, when you arrive at the airport, your boarding pass should appear. Slide to unlock your device to display and scan your pass.
With iOS 9 and your iPhone 6 or later, here are two quick ways to use a pass:
- If you have a credit, debit, or store card in Wallet, or a rewards card that works with Apple Pay, you can open Wallet by double-clicking the Home button.
- If you turned on Automatic Selection for a rewards pass or store credit card, you can use that pass by holding your iPhone near the merchant's contactless reader with your finger on Touch ID.
If your pass doesn't appear on the Lock screen when you think it should, you can open Wallet and select the pass to scan it. A pass won't appear for these reasons:
- Location Services is off.
- The Suggest on Lock Screen feature is turned off for that pass.
- The merchant doesn't support this feature.
If you want automatic notifications for things like flight updates or coupons and sales for nearby stores, follow these steps:
- Tap Settings > Notification Center > Wallet.
- Turn on Alerts or Banner notifications.
Change pass settings
Tap a pass, then tap on the pass to see settings and more information.
Here's what you can do from the info screen:
- Delete the pass.
- Update the pass by pulling down to refresh.
- Open or install the app related to that pass.
- Turn on or off Automatic Updates.
- Turn on or off Suggest on Lock Screen.
- Turn on or off Automatic Selection for passes that work with Apple Pay.
The info screen can also show other helpful information about your pass, such as merchant contact information.
Rearrange your passes
To reorder your passes, tap and hold a pass, then drag it to a new place in the stack. With iOS 7 or later, your change will update on all of your devices.
With iOS 9 or later, you can drag a card to the front of your credit and debit cards in Wallet to make that card the default for Apple Pay.
Use iTunes Pass
You can add money to your Apple ID to make quick purchases from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store without reaching for a physical credit or debit card.
To add iTunes Pass to Wallet, go to App Store > Redeem > Getting Started with iTunes Pass. Then you can add money to your iTunes Pass.
You can also add money to your iTunes Pass at Apple retail stores in most countries.