If the speaker on your iOS device doesn't work as expected, follow these steps. Try again after each step:
- Go to Settings > Sounds and drag the Ringer And Alerts slider to turn the volume up.
- If you hear sound from the speaker, follow the rest of these steps. If you can't hear sound from the speaker, contact Apple Support.
- If your device has a Ring/Silent switch, make sure it's set to ring. (If you can see orange, your device is set to silent.)
- Restart your device.
- Open an app that has music or sound effects. Adjust the volume with the volume buttons or the slider in Control Center.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth. Then check the sound again.
- Connect a headset. If you can hear sound through the headset, remove it and clear any dust or debris from the headset port on your device.
- If your device is in a case, make sure that the case doesn't block the speaker.
- Use a brush to gently clear any debris from the speaker and Lightning connector (or 30-pin dock connector). The brush should have soft, clean, dry bristles.
- Update your device to the latest version of iOS.
If you follow these steps and still hear no sound or distorted sound, contact Apple Support.