Use this article if:
- You are unable to sync textbook or ePub annotations or bookmarks between iOS devices with the iBooks app.
- Annotations or bookmarks modified in the iBooks app or iTunes U cannot be viewed with older versions of the iBooks app.
- Textbooks do not share bookmarks and annotations between different versions of the same book.
To share textbook and ePub bookmarks and annotations between all iOS devices using the iBooks app, you must:
- Update all iOS devices to the same iBooks app version, such as 3.0 or later.
- Update textbooks to the same version of the book across all iOS devices.
To find the version information for your textbook or ePub book:
- With iTunes 11 or later on your computer, select your book in your iTunes library, and go to File > Get Info. The version information for the book will be displayed on the Summary screen.
- With the book on your iOS device, open the iBooks app and tap Store. If an update for your book is available, it will show the version information in the What's New section for the book.
Note: Bookmarks and annotations are never deleted or lost, but will not be shared or synced between iOS devices when there's a mismatched version of the iBooks app or book version.