When you buy a new Mac, some apps come pre-installed:
After you accept an app, it links to your Apple ID. When you need to update it, you can do so from the Updates tab in the Mac App Store.
Accept your bundled apps
- Open the Mac App Store.
- At the top of the window, click Updates.
- If you have any pending macOS updates, click Update next to each one. Don't update any other software or apps.
- Click the Purchases tab.
- Click the Accept button next to your bundled apps. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
After you accept the apps, check the Updates tab of the Mac App Store again to see if any updates are available for these apps.
If you see an alert message
If you see "These apps cannot be accepted by your Apple ID. These have already been assigned to another Apple ID.":
- You've already accepted the apps using a different Apple ID. Try signing in using the Apple ID that you initially used to set up your Mac, or check to see if anyone else who uses your Mac accepted these apps.
If you see "This update is not available for this Apple ID either because it was bought by a different user or the item was refunded or canceled.":
- The apps installed on your Mac have updates available from the Mac App store, but you purchased them using an Apple ID that isn't currently signed in. Sign in using the Apple ID that you initially used to purchase the apps. If you're not sure which Apple ID was used, check to see if anyone else who uses your Mac accepted these apps.
If bundled apps don't appear in Purchases
You might have previously hidden one or more of your Purchases in the Mac App Store window. Check to see if your purchase is hidden.
You might also have accepted these apps using a different Apple ID. Sign in using the Apple ID that you initially used to purchase these apps. If you're not sure which Apple ID was used, check to see if anyone else who uses your Mac accepted these apps.
If you own another Mac, you can sign in with your Apple ID to install your accepted apps there. If you already own a Mac and upgrade to the latest version of macOS, you might also be eligible to upgrade to the latest versions of these apps.