You can play a variety of media files, such as those that you buy or rent from the iTunes Store, in iTunes. However, some older files might cause iTunes to display a message that says:
"This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes."
If you see this message, try viewing the files using a different media player.
If you're using OS X
- Control-click the content, then choose "Reveal in Finder."
- Control-click the file, then choose Open With.
- In the menu that appears, choose QuickTime Player or another media player. Learn what to do if QuickTime Player can‘t open a video file.
If you're using Windows
- Right-click the content, then choose "Show in Windows Explorer."
- Right-click the file, then choose Open With.
- In the menu that appears, choose a video player that supports the format of your file.