This can occur on computers with FaceTime HD cameras:
- iMac (Mid 2011) and later
- MacBook Pro (Early 2011) and later
- MacBook Air (Mid 2012) and later
- MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) and later
Your computer may display slightly higher resolution settings in the QuickTime Inspector, but the actual resolutions are as stated in this table:
|Resolution quality||Resolution setting||Resolution displayed in QuickTime inspector|
|Medium||H.264 320x240||H.264 640x480|
|High||H.264 640x480||H.264 1280x720|
Note: Messages uses Meduim resolution quality for Video Chat.
- Learn more about the H.264 codec in this PDF.
- Learn more about HD video calling in FaceTime for Mac: About HD video calling.
FaceTime is not available in all countries or regions.