This issue can be caused by the website you're trying to view. Safari might be able to open the website at a later time, when the website's redirect problem has been corrected.
This issue can also happen if redirect information has been cached after it's no longer needed. In some cases, removing related cookies and cache in Safari can resolve repeated redirects:
- Safari, choose Safari > Preferences.
- Click the Privacy icon to view Privacy settings.
- Click the Details button that appears under the Remove All Website Data button.
- Search for the name of the website that you are trying to view.
- Click the Remove button.
- Close the Safari Preferences window.
If the issue continues, repeat the steps without searching for a specific website. Click the Remove All Website Data button to remove all of your cookies and cache files. If this does not resolve the issue, contact the owner of the website you're trying to view for additional help.