When connecting your iOS device to a PC, you might see a message that looks like this, though the error number might vary:
"iTunes could not connect to this [device] because an unknown error occurred (0xE8000001)."
You might be able to fix the issue using these solutions:
- Restart your computer.
- Update iTunes to the latest version.
- Go to the Windows Update website and install any available updates.
- Plug your device directly into a USB port on your PC, not into an external hub.
- Try another USB cable.
- Unplug everything from your USB ports except your keyboard and mouse. Then restart your computer, connect your iOS device, and open iTunes.
- If you see error 0xE800000a, reset the lockdown folder on your PC.
If you see a similar message when you connect your iOS device to your Mac, learn how to resolve your USB connection issues.
Need more help? Contact Apple Support.