If you use Windows Internet Explorer 7 or 8, when you download iTunes from www.apple.com/itunes/download/ you should see a File Download window appear after clicking the Download Now button:
The File Download window will ask you to Run or Save the iTunes file you are downloading:
If you don't see the File Download window, your Pop-up Blocker filter level might be set too high.
To download iTunes you'll need to lower your Pop-up Blocker filter level. Here's how:
- In Internet Explorer, open the Tools menu
- Choose Pop-up Blocker and then Pop-up Blocker Settings.
- In the Pop-up Blocker Settings window, change the Filter level to "Medium: Block most automatic pop-ups" and then click the Close button.
- Go to the www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and press the Download Now button again.
- When the File Download window appears, choose Run and then wait for the download to complete.
You might also have other pop-up blocking software in addition to Internet Explorer's. This software could interfere with your iTunes download. If your issue still persists, look for additionally installed pop-up blocking software and change the filter level. For instructions, visit the software manufacturer's website.