iTunes uses Windows proxy server settings to access various Apple services, such as the iTunes Store. Make sure that the settings are correct, and fix any connection issues that you might have.
- If it's open, close iTunes.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn't have a Windows key, press the Ctrl and Esc keys on your keyboard.
- Click the magnifying glass icon or the search field.
- In the search field, type
- In the search results, click inetcpl.cpl to open Internet Properties.
- In the Internet Properties window, click the Connections tab.
- Click "LAN settings."
- If the "proxy server" checkbox is selected, deselect it.
- Click OK to close the LAN Settings window.
- Click OK to close the Internet Options window.
- Open iTunes and try to connect to the iTunes Store.