This is a list of the most common error numbers. Choose your error code to learn what to do. If the alert message you see includes an error code with a negative number, look up just the number without the negative sign.
- 2, 6, 9, 17, 53, 54, 69
- 126, 127, 310
- 1202, 1415, 1417, 1418, 1428, 1429, 1430, 1436, 1439, 1671
- 3194, 3212, 3253, 3259
- 4005, 4013, 4014
- 5000, 5002
- 13010, 13014
If you don't see your error code and you're trying to restore or update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, try these steps.
Get more help
- If you see error 1671, your computer is downloading necessary software and you need to wait for the download to finish. Get the latest version of macOS and iTunes to resolve this error.
- Learn what to do if you're prompted to authorize your computer when you try to play iTunes Store purchases.
- Learn how to fix issues with your iTunes Store connection.
- Make sure that you followed the basic steps to resolve the Finder and iTunes errors or iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch update or restore errors. If you still need help, contact Apple Support.