If you have an unpaid balance, you'll see one of the following messages:
- "There is a billing problem with a previous purchase. Please edit your billing info to correct the problem."
- "There is a billing problem with a previous purchase. Click Purchase History to view and correct the problem. If you cancel you will not be able to buy until this billing issue has been resolved.”
To resolve the issue update your billing information in Settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or in iTunes on your Mac or PC.
While updating your information:
- Make sure that your name and address match the information on file with your financial institution.
- Make sure that the payment account you're using is in good standing.
- If you're using store credit, make sure that you have enough credit in your account to cover your purchases.
- Use any of these payment methods. You can't select None when you have an unpaid balance or payment due.
After you update your payment method, the iTunes Store automatically attempts to charge any outstanding orders to your updated payment method.
To see which order you need to pay for, view your purchase history. Your purchase history shows your most recent purchases first. To see the details of any purchase, tap the > to the right of the total billed charge on your iOS device or click the Order ID number to the right of the order date in iTunes on your Mac or PC.
If you're using Family Sharing, and see this error message, the family organizer must update their billing information.
Get more help
If you need to review your purchases and receipts, or dispute a charge, use Report a Problem.
Here are a few things you can do to prevent unpaid balances:
- Set up Restrictions (parental controls) on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or in iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- View, change or cancel your automatically renewing subscriptions.
- Restrict in-app purchases.