The Movies Anywhere service lets you browse and watch your collection of eligible Disney, 20th Century Fox, Sony Pictures, Universal, and Warner Bros movies, along with bonus material and exclusive videos, from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV. Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.
You can access Movies Anywhere on your computer or from the free app, which you can download from the App Store for your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV 4K, or Apple TV (4th generation).
When you connect your Movies Anywhere account to your Apple ID, you can access eligible movies across all of your devices.
Your Apple ID can have up to ten devices (including five computers) associated with it for music and video playback. Each computer must also be authorized using the same Apple ID.
Connect your Apple ID to your Movies Anywhere account
- Open the Movies Anywhere app on your iOS device and sign in.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap More, then tap Manage Retailers.
- Select iTunes. When iTunes or the iTunes Store app opens, complete the process.
You can connect only one account at a time, and you can switch accounts every 180 days.
You can also link your account at MoviesAnywhere.com.
Renew or disconnect Movies Anywhere
Every two years, Apple must ask for your permission to share the eligible movies that you buy from the iTunes Store with Movies Anywhere. Any new, eligible iTunes Store purchases that you make won't be shared with Movies Anywhere until you renew your consent.
You can also disconnect from Movies Anywhere at any time. After you disconnect your Apple ID from your Movies Anywhere account, you can still watch movies that you bought from Movies Anywhere or the iTunes Store in either place, but you can only watch new movies that you buy in the application in which you purchase them.
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to authenticate your Apple ID.
- Scroll to the Movies Anywhere section. Tap Renew to consent to share purchases again, or tap Disconnect to disconnect your Apple ID from Movies Anywhere. If you don't see Movies Anywhere, make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you connected to Movies Anywhere.
You can also disconnect your Apple ID in the Movies Anywhere app. Open the app and go to More > Manage Retailers, then tap Disconnect under iTunes.
In iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Open iTunes. If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen or at the top of the iTunes window, choose Account > View My Account.
- Authenticate your Apple ID, then click View Account.
- On the Account Information page, scroll to the Apple ID Summary section and look for Movies Anywhere. Click Renew to consent to share purchases again, or click Disconnect to disconnect your Apple ID from Movies Anywhere. If you don't see Movies Anywhere, make sure that you're signed in with the same Apple ID that you connected to Movies Anywhere.
About 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision versions
- If you buy an eligible movie from a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service1 in 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision, you will be able to watch a matching quality version from the iTunes Store (as long as the same movie is available in 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision from the iTunes Store).
- If you buy an eligible movie from a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service1 in HD, you will be able to watch the HD version from the iTunes Store. (These movies will not be upgraded to 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision even if the iTunes Store has the movie in those formats.)
- If you buy an eligible movie from the iTunes Store in 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision, you will be able to watch a matching quality version from a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service1 (as long the same movie is available in 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision from the reciprocal service1).
- If you buy an eligible movie from the iTunes Store in HD that is later upgraded to 4K, HDR, or Dolby Vision, you might not be able to watch the matching higher-quality version through a Movies Anywhere reciprocal service1 (but you will still be able to watch the HD version).
1 Visit MoviesAnywhere.com for more information on reciprocal services.
- If you bought a movie from iTunes and later received a refund, those movies are no longer available from either Movies Anywhere or iTunes.
- You can stream and download eligible movies through Movies Anywhere only within the U.S. and certain U.S. territories and possessions.
- If you previously had a Disney Movies Anywhere account, the website and app for DisneyMoviesAnywhere.com will temporarily remain active so that you can move to Movies Anywhere. You'll be able to log in to your Disney Movies Anywhere account to view your movie library, but you won't be able to redeem new movies or link to new retailers. For help with Disney Movies Anywhere, call 1-855-347-3722 or use the Disney Anywhere Contact form.
- To learn about system requirements or program details, visit MoviesAnywhere.com or contact a Movies Anywhere representative at help.moviesanywhere.com.
- For urgent issues, call 1-833-466-8438 to speak to a Movies Anywhere representative.
- For all other questions, use the Movies Anywhere contact form or use the Movies Anywhere app on your iOS device: In the app, tap the Settings icon > Help Center > Contact Us.