You can use AirPlay to stream content from iTunes on your computer to your Apple TV, AirPort Express, or AirPlay-enabled speakers or receivers.
Stream your computer's iTunes content to another device
To use AirPlay to stream your computer's iTunes content to your Apple TV, AirPort Express, or AirPlay-enabled accessory, follow these steps:
- Connect your computer, Apple TV, AirPort Express, or other AirPlay enabled accessory to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- To the right of the volume slider in iTunes, click . You'll see this icon only when you have an AirPlay-enabled device on the same Wi-Fi network. In a smaller iTunes window, you might see instead of the volume slider. Click to see available AirPlay-enabled devices.
- Tap the name of the device you want to stream content to. You'll see icons of a TV screen or a speaker next to each device to indicate the type of content you can stream.
If you don't see the AirPlay icon in iTunes
When an AirPlay enabled device is available, you'll see to the right of the volume slider in iTunes. If you don't see the icon, follow these steps:
- Check that you have the latest version of iTunes and Apple TV software.
- Connect your computer and your other device to the same Wi-Fi network. If you're using Ethernet, connect both devices to the same router or hub. If you're using both Wi-Fi and Ethernet, connect your AirPlay device to the same router that your computer uses for Wi-Fi.
- Restart your computer, AirPlay device, and network router.
- Since some Airplay devices include an on/off option for AirPlay, look for the option in Settings and make sure the feature is on. Check the device's user guide for more information.
You can also use AirPlay to see your Mac screen on an HDTV.