Logic Remote 1.3
Logic Remote requires iOS 9.1 or later and is available for download from the App Store. Logic Remote 1.3 works with these Mac apps with the following System Requirements:
- iPad support requires Logic Pro X 10.2.1, MainStage 3.2.3, and GarageBand 10.1
- iPad Pro support requires Logic Pro X 10.2.1, and MainStage 3.2.3
- iPhone support requires Logic Pro X 10.2.1
Logic Remote 1.3 includes the following changes:
New features and enhancements
- Adds support for iPad Pro and iPhone.
(iPhone version is compatible with Logic Pro X only and limited to transport control, dual channel strip faders, automation recording, and access to key commands)
- You can now connect multiple devices running Logic Remote simultaneously to the same host application.
- You can now drag key command buttons to new positions in the Key Commands view.
- The Reset Solo button now controls the Kill/Recall Solo button in Logic Pro X.
iPad Pro enhancements
- The higher resolution of the iPad Pro allows it to display more:
- The number of visible channel strips in the mixer increases from 9 to 12.
- The maximum number of currently playable piano keys increases from 31 to 41.
- The number of visible key command buttons increases from 24 to 35.
- The number of currently playable Chord Strips increases from 8 to 12.
- Logic Remote on the iPad Pro includes a combined view that offers a row of Key Commands in addition to the Smart Controls + Touch Instrument view and the Chord Strips view.
- On the iPad Pro, the Channel Strip element is combined with the plug-in interface. This allows you to use the plug-in chain without returning to the Mixer view.
- Logic Remote 1.3 includes various fixes and enhancements to improve connectivity.
- The Key Commands window now refreshes as expected when reconnecting to a host.
- Tapping an unassigned key command cell on Logic Remote no longer causes the screen in Logic Pro X to flash.
- It's no longer necessary to open a Channel EQ plug-in window on the host for Logic Remote to display the EQ curve.
- Adjusting the ES2 Digiwaves slider from Logic Remote no longer causes ES2 to unexpectedly cycle through waves.
- The onscreen keyboard now triggers sound as expected after switching from the keyboard to chord strips and then back to the keyboard.
Logic Remote 1.2.3
- The EQ graph on the Channel EQ now draws correctly.
- Gain values on the Channel EQ now render in the correct position on the screen.
- When used with GarageBand, Logic Remote no longer shows Note Repeat and Spot Erase buttons on the Drum Pads view.
Logic Remote 1.2.2
- Logic Remote now includes tabbed Transform Pad and X/Y Pad Smart Controls for Alchemy instruments.
- It's now possible to create more than one Drummer track in Logic Pro X or GarageBand using Logic Remote.
- A double-tap on an Instrument slot now opens the Instrument plug-in.
- Includes general stability improvements.
- Logic Remote now shows the same warning dialog as Logic Pro X when Automation Write mode is selected.
- When selecting an input or output in Logic Remote, the current channel is now indicated by a checkmark.
Logic Remote 1.2.1
- Logic remote no longer shows an unneeded Solo button on External MIDI channel strips.
- Editing graphs in the Graphic EQ is more responsive.
- You can now dismiss pop-up menus brought up from a channel strip by tapping anywhere on the same channel strip.
Logic Remote 1.2
- You can adjust the Logic Pro X Channel EQ directly from an iPad.
- A new plug-in view provides access to Logic or Audio Unit plug-in parameters with Logic Pro X.
- You can remotely add or reorder plug-ins with Logic Pro X.
- Control the microphone and other input settings for compatible audio interfaces
- It is now possible to navigate tracks in the LCD pop-up menu.
- Holding the transport channel switch buttons now scrolls through tracks or channels.
- Single-tapping the center of a knob no longer affects its value.
- The Bass Fretboard touch instrument is now available with all patches.
- Logic Remote now has an option to override the system sleep settings on an iPad.
- The Metronome button's state now reflects the state of the Metronome in Logic Pro X or GarageBand.
- The Mixer now opens to the last selected view.
- Logic Remote no longer quits unexpectedly when switching to Smart Controls view from Drum Pad or Chord Strip view with a drum machine patch selected.
- If you reopen Logic Pro X, Logic Remote no longer briefly shows an unneeded “Please open a Logic project” dialog while reconnecting.
- Logic Remote no longer overrides MainStage’s tremolo knob position.
- The next and previous patch buttons are now reliably available with MainStage when you select the first or last patch in the patch list.
Logic Remote 1.1.1
- Adds support for iOS 8
Logic Remote 1.1
- New streamlined design
- Adds more scale choices for Touch Instruments
Logic Remote 1.0.4
Fixes an issue that prevented scale modes and chord strips from updating to the current project key.
Logic Remote 1.0.3
- Includes support for MainStage 3.
- There is now a slider to adjust the velocity sensitivity of Touch Instruments.
- Logic Remote no longer offers the menu item “New Drummer Track” when the current Logic project already has a Drummer track.
- The screen to insert a plug-in is no longer blank after creating a new project in the Smart Controls/Touch Instruments view.
- The Remove Key Command menu item no longer appears when tapping an empty tile in the Key Commands window.
- Resolves a rare issue in which the Logic Remote and GarageBand timelines might become out of sync.
- Logic Remote no longer prevents iPad from entering sleep mode.
- When a new patch is created via the gear menu, Logic Remote now switches to the Library view.
- Includes several accessibility improvements.
Logic Remote 1.0.2
- Adds compatibility with GarageBand for Mac (v10.0).
- Velocity range is adjustable for Touch Instruments.
- Library Browser and Smart Controls can now appear on screen together.
- Includes various improvements to enhance performance and stability.
Logic Remote 1.0.1
- Includes several improvements to resolve issues related to connecting Logic Remote to the computer running Logic Pro X.
- Resolves an issue in which Logic Remote might quit unexpectedly when changing banks in the Mixer while moving a fader.
- Resolves an issue in which notes might hang while switching articulation settings.
- Fixes an issue in which the Chord Strip window might turn black if an empty Software Instrument track was created while it was open.
- Resolves an issue in which the Logic Remote LCD sometimes showed "Not Connected" after it successfully connected to Logic Pro X.
- The velocity range when playing Software Instruments from Logic Remote has increased.
- Fixes an issue in which switching out of Logic Remote while holding notes on the keyboard might lead to stuck notes in Logic Pro X.
- Includes several improvements to reduce the likelihood of hanging notes when using a USB keyboard with iPad.
- iPad no longer goes to sleep if Logic Remote is sending MIDI, or if Logic Pro X is playing.