Transfer your AppleCare plan to a new owner
- Sign in to My Support to get the AppleCare agreement number, the serial number of the device, and the proof of coverage for the AppleCare plan.
- Find the original sales receipt for the device.
- Get the new owner’s name, address, email address, and phone number.
- Contact Apple Support.
In some countries and regions, you can't transfer an AppleCare plan to a new owner. See the terms and conditions for details.
If you pay monthly
If you make monthly payments for your AppleCare plan, the plan is linked to your Apple ID and can't be transferred to a new owner.
If you receive a replacement device
If we replace your device instead of repairing it, we’ll automatically transfer your plan to your new device. If transfer of coverage isn’t possible, we’ll offer other options.
- Review the AppleCare Protection Plan terms and conditions.
- Review the AppleCare+ terms and conditions.
- Review the AppleCare+ with Theft and Loss insurance documents.
- If you’re not sure which plan you have, check your coverage.