If you sign in to your social-media account from the Settings menu of your device, you can enjoy some extra features.
For example, if you go to the Photos app, you can post a picture to social media without leaving the Photos app. Or you can update your contacts with usernames and photos from Facebook, Sina Weibo, or Twitter. Here are the social networks that you can sign in to from the Settings menu of your device:
- Sina Weibo*
- Tencent Weibo*
*If you don't see Sina Weibo and Tencent Weibo in your Settings menu, set your language to Chinese or use a Chinese-language keyboard. You can change your keyboard under Settings > General > Keyboards.
Here's how you sign in to a social-media account from the Settings menu of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- Tap Settings, then scroll down and tap a social network, like Twitter.
- Sign in with your username and password for that social-network account. If you forget your username or password, visit the company's help page. For example, Facebook and Twitter offer online support to help you with your account.
Update your contacts with social-media usernames and photos
If the following is true, you can update your contacts with usernames and profile photos from Facebook, Sina Weibo, or Twitter:
- You saved email addresses for your contacts in the Contacts app.**
- Your contacts share their email addresses on their social-media profiles.**
Follow these steps to update your contacts:
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap the social network that you want to use.
- Tap Update Contacts.
**The Contacts app matches the email address for your contact with the matching address on social media. If you haven't saved a contact's email address in the Contacts app, or if they don't share an email address on their social-media profile, that contact won't update on your device.
Sync your contacts and calendars with Facebook
After you set up syncing, when information changes on Facebook, the changes automatically sync to the contacts and calendars on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. This feature is off by default. Here's how to set it up:
- Go to Settings > Facebook.
- Under "Allow these apps to use your account," turn on Contact or Calendars.
A Facebook profile without an email address
Get help with contacts that won't sync or update
If one or more of your contacts won't update, sync, or show a profile photo, check whether they share an email address on their social-media profile. If the contact doesn't share an email address, their information won't update on your device.
For example, on Facebook, you can check a person's About page to see whether they share an email address.