Important: All AppleCare service exams are hosted at Pearson VUE. The registration process for Pearson VUE is described in Accessing Pearson VUE Service Exams.
ACMT Certification Exams
Exams for ACMT 2015 certification are
- 9L0-012 for hardware
- 9L0-066 for OS X
You can find details on ACMT 2015 in the following articles:
Certification Exam Access
ACMT certification exams can be taken online at Pearson VUE. The registration process is described in Accessing Pearson VUE Service Exams.
Another way to take exams is as part of an ACMT certification class at an Apple-Authorized Service Training Center. You can find information about these Training Centers with the Training Center Locator.
Product Qualification Exams
If you are ACMT 2015 certified, the following Mac exams are not required (iOS Qualification is a separate process). If you are ACMT certified, the following exams are available and required for repair of the products cited.
- 9L0-S02 Service Qualification Exam for MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) and MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013, Late 2013, and Mid 2014)
- 9L0-S03 Service Qualification Exam for MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 to Early 2015) The Early 2015 model also requires completion of the online course for that model
- To service the MacBook MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015) you also need to complete the MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 to Early 2015) course provided by AppleCare in ATLAS
- 9L0-S04 iMac (Late 2012 to Late 2014) Service Qualification Exam
- 9L0-S05 MacBook Air (Mid 2013 and Early 2015) Qualification Exam
- 9L0-S06 Mac Pro (Late 2013) Service Qualification Exam
- 9L0-E07 iOS Qualification Exam 2015 - This exam replaces the 9L0-E06 and 9L0-E04 exams.
If you have already passed the 9L0-E04 or 9L0-E06 exams, you do not need to take the 9L0-E07 exam.
MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)
There is not a separate qualification exam for the MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015). Instead, technicians who have ACMT or ACMT 2015 certifications must successfully complete the following online courses to be qualified:
- MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015)
- Trackpad Calibration Check
The registration process for AppleCare exams is described in Accessing Pearson VUE Service Exams.