Here's what you need
- The latest version of Apple Configurator on your Mac
- An Apple TV (2nd generation) or later with software version 5.1 or later
- A USB-C cable for Apple TV (4th generation) or a Micro-USB cable for Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation)
To set up a configuration profile for the first time on your Apple TV, or to add an additional profile, follow these steps:
- Check that your Apple TV is plugged in and turned on.
- Connect your Apple TV (4th generation) to your Mac with a USB-C cable. For Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation), use a Micro-USB cable.
- Open Apple Configurator on your Mac.
- Select your Apple TV in the device window.
- To set up an Apple TV for the first time, click Prepare and follow the onscreen instructions. To add profiles for an Apple TV that you've previously set up, click Add, then select Profiles. You can also drag a profile from the Finder and drop it on the icon of your Apple TV.